Nishita Desai is an associate in the Global Immigration & Mobility practice in Baker McKenzie's Chicago office. Ms. Desai advises on corporate and employment-based immigration law, including non-immigrant work visa petitions, permanent employment certification applications, immigrant visas, and permanent residence.
Ms. Desai regularly advises corporate HR personnel on eligibility requirements and necessary documentation to secure employment authorization for foreign professionals to work in the United States. She coordinates with global immigration colleagues to facilitate transfers of multinational companies' expatriates to jurisdictions outside the United States.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Chicago Bar Association - Member
- American Immigration Lawyers Association - Member
- Illinois~United States (2013)
- DePaul University College of Law (J.D.) (2013)
- DePaul University College of Law (Licencee) (2013)
- Rutgers University (Bachelor of Arts) (2007)
- Rutgers University (Bachelor's Degree) (2007)