Meghna is an associate in the Wealth Management practice in London. Meghna joined the Wealth Management team in 2019 following the completion of her training contract in the Firm's Dubai, DIFC and London offices.
Meghna advises leading trustees, high-net worth individuals and family controlled business. She often advises on pre-UK arrival planning to UK resident non-UK domiciled individuals, in addition to advising on regulatory and compliance issues and international asset holding and wealth management structures.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a Middle-Eastern client on the establishment of several trusts to hold a significant investment portfolio.
- Established a protected trust for a high-net worth UK resident individual prior to becoming deemed domiciled in the UK.
- Advised a high-net worth individual, looking to relocate to the UK from South America, on the remittance basis and the application of business investment relief in relation to a proposed investment in a UK company.
- Advised on the availability of business property relief to shares held by an ultra-high net worth individual and his trust.
- Advised a high-net worth UK resident non-UK domiciliary holding shares in a Swiss holding company in relation to central management and control and permanent establishment risks.
- Advised on the establishment of a charitable incorporated organisation.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England & Wales
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2019)
- BPP Law School, London (Legal Practice Course) (2016)
- University of Bristol (2015)
- Author, "Brexit, Last Chance Saloon", Baker McKenzie Weekly Brexit Update, 28 October 2020
- Author, "Overview of alternative personal taxation regimes in the UK, Italy and Switzerland", Baker McKenzie Private Wealth Newsletter, July 2021
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.