Patrick Dennien is an associate in the Litigation & Government Enforcement Practice Group in Washington, DC. Mr. Dennien represents domestic and international corporate clients on a wide variety of antitrust and white-collar crime matters, including merger review, cartel and anti-competitive investigations, consumer protection investigations, anti-corruption and fraud investigations, sanction systems of public international organizations, anti-money laundering risk, and internal controls and corporate compliance programs.
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Mr. Dennien worked at The World Bank's Integrity Vice Presidency where he monitored and assessed compliance remediation by parties sanctioned by The World Bank. Mr. Dennien also advised sanctioned parties on the development and implementation of effective compliance programs.
Mr. Dennien began his legal career as a solicitor in Australia, where he practiced in dispute resolution, administrative law, and corporate law.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of the Australian Capital Territory - Member
- American Bar Association - Member
- New York State Bar Association - Member
- New York~United States (2016)
- High Court of Australia~Australia (2012)
- Australian Capital Territory~Australia (2011)
- Georgetown University Law Center (Master of Laws Securities & Financial Regulation) (2015)
- Australian National University (Graduate Diploma Legal Practice) (2010)
- Australian National University (Bachelor of Laws) (2009)