He focuses his practice on IP related matters representing clients from a very wide range of industries operating in the luxury, fashion, design, textile, wine, spectacles, vehicles, food markets, in connection with activities ranging from the shaping of IP portfolios, to the design and implementation of anti-counterfeiting strategies (both online and offline), from negotiations and litigations in complex IP matters to oppositions with the Italian and the EU Offices, and cancellation actions before the EUIPO, to advice in unfair competition, trademark, design, copyright matters, to pre-filing searches, trademark prosecution (with a focus on 3d trademarks), coexistence and license agreements.
Carlo Alberto also has a great knowledge of various IP and private on-line databases and trademarks management programs.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Milan Bar Association
- Indicam - Istituto di Centromarca Per La Lotta Alla Contraffazione – Vice President and member of the Board
- The French-Italian Anti-Counterfeiting Committee – Advisor
- Italian PTO, Tavolo Delle Imprese – Advisor
- AIM - The European Brands Association, Anti-Counterfeiting Committee – Member
- Consiglio Nazionale Anticontraffazione (National Anti-Counterfeiting Committee) – Member of the Online Anti-Counterfeiting Commission
- EUIPO Observatory – Member of the IP in a Digital World and Statistics and Economics WGs
- Union Des Fabricants - Collège Des Experts – Expert
- Italy (1994)
- University of Torino (Law Degree) (1991)