Dmitry Dembich is a partner in Baker McKenzie’s Moscow office. He specializes in capital markets and derivative instruments transactions. Dmitry represented issuers and underwriters in equity offerings, as well as borrowers and lead managers in debt offerings by Russian companies. He also advised on standalone Eurobonds issues, MTN programmes and issues of subordinated loan participation notes.
Representative Legal Matters
Equity Capital Deals
- Advised Far East Development Fund in connection with mezzanine finance provided to Rusagro Group for development of pig breeding complex in Primorsky Krai allowing to extend its operations in the Eastern region of Russia
- Advised ROS AGRO PLC in relation to subsequent public offering of USD 250 million global depositary receipts listed on the London Stock Exchange under Rule 144A and Regulation S representing newly issued shares of the Cyprus holding company.
- Advised Sistema JSFC in connection with change of the depository bank under the global depositary receipts programme
- Advised leading oil and gas independent Alliance Oil on its issue of preference shares worth a minimum of SEK 675 million (circa USD 100 million) and a maximum of SEK 1,350 million (circa USD 200 million). The shares, through depository receipts, trade on NASDAQ OMX Stockholm
- Represented underwriters in connection with an offering of shares in an offshore listing vehicle of a public Russian precious metals mining company with simultaneous relocation of the listing vehicle from Russia to an offshore jurisdiction
Debt Capital Deals
- Advised the Ministry of Finance acting on behalf of the Russian Federation in connection with a dual-tranche Euro-denominated Regulation S only Senior Unsecured Transaction. The deal consists of new 15-year benchmark EUR 1 billion 2.65% Bonds due 2036, and a EUR 500 million tap offer of 1.125% Bonds due 2027 to be consolidated with and form a single series with the previously issued EUR 750 million 1.125% Bonds due 2027
- Advised TRANSKAPITALBANK in connection with a consent solicitation in with respect to the outstanding USD 100 million 10 per cent loan participation notes due 2020 issued by TRANSREGIONALCAPITAL D.A.C. to finance a subordinated loan to TRANSKAPITALBANK
- Advised the Joint Lead Managers on an offer (pursuant to Regulation S and Rule 144A) of loan participation notes under EMTN programme to finance a subordinated Tier II loan to a major Russian bank
- Leading individual in Capital markets, Legal 500 EMEA 2019-2021
- Russia (2004)
- Moscow State Institute of Foreign Relations (Law) (2004)
Baker & McKenzie - CIS, Limited is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.