Virginia del Monte joined Baker McKenzie in 2005 and is an associate in the Real Estate & Infrastructure Practice Group in Guadalajara. She has experience in real estate law as well as in general corporate law.
Ms. del Monte has experience advising clients on real estate and general corporate transactions, including but not limited to trusts, planning of real estate developments, leases, sale and purchase agreements, real estate due diligence, title insurance reports, incorporating companies, foreign investment, as well as assistance with the granting of loans and incorporating guarantees. She regularly works with real estate developers and purchasers of real estate units from the manufacturing, commercial, construction and mining industries. Ms. Del Monte is admitted to practice in Mexico.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted in the establishment of a new design center for a private company in the municipality of Zapopan, Jalisco, involving the legal structure required for long-term use of municipal government land. This transaction represented an investment of over USD200 million.
- Participated in the preparation of legal structure and contracts required for the creation, development and subsequent sale of a new development in the coast of Nayarit.
- Prepared several title insurance reports of real estate properties.
- Participated and collaborated in advising an international chain of restaurants on their operations in Mexico and its subsequent implementation, as well as the negotiation and preparation of the corresponding real estate agreements.
- Prepared and negotiated several real estate agreements, including trusts, sale and purchase, lease and construction agreements, among others.
- Mexico (2008)
- New York University (LL.M.) (2012)
- Universidad Panamerica (Post Graduate Degree Commercial & Company Law) (2009)
- Universidad Panamerica (J.D.) (2008)