Ludovic Deflandre is a tax manager in the Tax Group of Baker McKenzie’s Luxembourg office. He has more than nine years of experience in indirect tax, and focuses on the delivery of advisory services. Prior to joining the Firm, Mr. Deflandre was a tax advisor in the VAT department of a Big Four accounting firm for five years.
Mr. Deflandre advises multinational companies on various areas of indirect tax and industries, providing optimization of financial flows, tax diagnostics and international tax planning advice. He provides assistance in specific commercial and financial indirect issues as well as in indirect tax assessments, statutory audit and due diligence services for Luxembourg businesses.
Representative Legal Matters
- Involved in various indirect tax due diligences in connection with multinational restructuring projects.
- Provided assistance within the framework of mergers and acquisitions for multinational companies acting in the commercial and financial sectors.
- Assisted a leading global provider of e-commerce solutions with respect to its re-domiciliation to Ireland within the scope of a cross-border merger.
- Assisted a multinational conglomerate producing automotive parts in the setup of a Luxembourg-US IP structure.
- Universite Libre de Bruxelles (Specialization in Tax Law) (2015)
- Université Catholique de Louvain (Master in Private Law) (2014)