Pietro de Libero is a member of the Corporate Practice Group in the Firm's Dubai office and leads the UAE competition law practice.
Pietro advises multinationals, funds, and financial institutions on a broad spectrum of cross-border and domestic M&A transactions, including acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures, reorganizations, and private equity investments and disinvestments. He also has extensive experience in all aspects of UAE competition law. Pietro is seasoned in drafting and negotiating commercial agreements, including UAE agency and distribution contracts, and regularly advises on corporate compliance matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising Haworth Inc., a global leader in the office furniture industry, in the acquisition of a controlling stake in Poltrona Frau S.p.A. and on the subsequent delisting of the target.
- Advising a leading UAE investor on the management of its Italian portfolio companies.
- Advising Amplifon S.p.A., a leader in the field of hearing solutions, on the AUD460 million acquisition of 100 percent of National Hearing Care Group Limited and related financing.
- Advising Ecolab Inc. in the corporate reorganization of its Italian group companies and operations.
- Advising Leaseplan Corp. in the acquisition from BBVA of its Italian long-term car lease business.
- Advising Clear Channel Communications, Inc. in the buy-out of all the shares held by its joint venture partner in the Italian subsidiary.
- Advising Kuoni Travel in the disposal of its Italian operations.
- Advising JBS S.A., the largest multinational food processing company in the world, in the successful resolution of a conflict with its joint venture partner in Italy.
- Advising ITT, St. Jude Medical, and other major domestic and multinational companies in the adoption of internal procedures aimed at preventing the commission of crimes by employees.
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2016)
- Italy (2000)
- Dubai - Registered Legal Consultant
- University of Milan (J.D., cum laude) (1996)