Lourdes de Leon is a partner in the Corporate & Commercial Practice Group and heads the Energy & Utilities Focus Group of Quisumbing Torres.
Lourdes’ practice focuses on infrastructure, mergers and acquisitions, power, real estate, and renewable energy and clean technology. She has extensive experience in representing clients on various types of transactions and projects, including preparing and negotiating the transaction and project documents. She advises clients on deals structures, investment, financing, corporate and governance structuring, land acquisition and leasing, construction laws, and national and local licensing and regulatory issues.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advise a Japan-based financial services group on its acquisition of an interest in a Philippine holding company with 14 subsidiaries with an aggregate of 24 power generation facilities in different provinces in the Philippines. Conduct a limited due diligence on the target company and its subsidiaries, which included a review of extensive documentation relating to the project assets of the relevant subsidiaries. Assist the client in the preparation, negotiation, and closing of the transaction documents. Issue legal opinions.
- Advise a London-based leading supplier of ship management and related marine services on corporate restructuring and share transfer documentation.
- Assist a European state-owned public transport operator in structuring and negotiating their agreements to provide technical services to the consortium. Review bid documents and agreements between the consortium and the tendering agencies.
- Advise and assist an Asian oil and gas company on deal structuring and review of agreements, in relation to the sale of its LPG business and related landholding company in the Philippines.
- Advise and represent a China-based developer and supplier of electric power equipment in connection with the construction of several solar power projects in the Philippines including: (i) 58.98 MW solar power project; (ii) 24.48 MW solar power project; and (iii) 20MW solar project located in various parts of the Philippines.
- Assist an American multinational technology company in drafting and negotiation of lease contracts, fit-out agreements, design contracts, and other related suppliers’ or vendors’ agreements.
- Advise a Singapore-based online travel platform provider on Philippine licensing and regulatory requirements in relation to its business activities.
- Advise a holding company in connection with a USD 130 million financing of a global acquisition transaction and related security arrangements in the Philippines.
- Highly Regarded Lawyer , IFLR1000 Financial and Corporate guide 2018
- Leading Lawyer, IFLR1000 Financial and Corporate guide 2017
- Exclusive Winner, General Corporate in the Philippines, Lexology Client Choice Awards, 2016
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines
- International Bar Association
- Philippines (2000)
- Ateneo de Manila University (J.D. graduated with honors)
- University of San Carlos (B.S. Architecture)