Alina de la Luz is an associate in the Firm's Antitrust Practice Group in Mexico. Prior to joining the Antitrust Practice Group at the Firm, she was part of the Mexican competition authority (Federal Economic Competition Commission), as part of the investigating authority.
With more than 8 years of experience in economic competition, mainly in abuse of dominance and analysis of competition conditions, she has conducted investigations in several markets: financial, energy, ports, digital, telecommunications, and transportation, among others.
Likewise, she was head of the economic competition subject at UNAM and has taught about competition in several forums.
Alina has extensive experience in handling antitrust proceedings before the Federal Antitrust Commission and the Federal Telecommunications Institute.
She also assists a wide range of clients from various industries in investigations of monopolistic practices conducted by the country's monopolistic authorities. She also regularly handles concentration notifications before the aforementioned authorities and advises clients in obtaining favorable opinions to participate in governmental bidding processes.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assists clients — particularly those active in the medical and construction industries — in ongoing antitrust investigation proceedings conducted by the Mexican antitrust authorities.
- Assists companies in the financial, energy, digital platforms, telecommunications, healthcare, transportation and other industries in antitrust compliance matters.
- Represents companies in the construction, automotive, electricity, data collection, telecommunications and other industries in merger notification proceedings, among others.
- Obtained recognition as a public official for her professional career (2019)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Abogadas MX
- Mexico (2013)
- Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (Economics for Lawyers Course) (2017)
- Comisión Federal de Competencia Económica (Law Reasoning and Argumentation Workshop) (2016)
- Universidad Iberoamericana (Diploma in Management Skills) (2015)
- Consultoría Nuevos Mercados Internacionales (Investigative Techniques Workshop, in collaboration with the FBI) (2014)
- Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (Diploma in Civil Law) (2013)
- Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (Law Degree) (2009)