Amy de La Lama has assisted a wide array of companies (financial institutions, retail companies, sourcing providers, online businesses) in addressing legal issues related to global privacy and data collection, data security, information technology and related restrictions on data collection and movement.
Ms. de La Lama focuses on global privacy, data security and cyber security. She provides advice to a wide range of pharmaceutical and medical device companies, health care providers, financial institutions, sourcing providers, retail companies, online businesses, and other organizations regarding the legal aspects of global privacy and data protection, data security, information technology, and related restrictions on data collection and movement. She has significant experience advising clients on GDPR readiness and with preparation and implementation of broad-based GDPR compliance programs. Ms. de La Lama also has broad experience assisting clients address federal, state and global breach notification requirements and responding to related inquiries from government agencies and other parties.
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Ms. de La Lama spent three years as an associate at another leading law firm in Denver, Colorado. During that time, Ms. de La Lama gained significant regulatory experience in areas including foreign corrupt practices act, export control and sanctioned country regulations as well as with drafting and negotiating IT agreements.
Before attending law school, Ms. de La Lama worked as a market analyst for Cushman & Wakefield/GCI in Mexico City. Ms. de La Lama is fluent in Spanish.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Illinois State Bar Association - Member
- Colorado Bar Association - Member
- Illinois~United States (2004)
- Colorado~United States (2001)
- University of Colorado School of Law (2001)
- University of Virginia (1996)
- Business Implications of Colorado's New Data Privacy Law, October 2018
- US Commerce Secretary Ross Welcomes EU Commissioner Jourova to Washington for an Encouraging Discussion On Privacy Shield, BakerINFORM, April 2017
- Draft EPrivacy Regulation - Major Changes To Expect, BakerINFORM, March 2017
- OCR Issues Guidance On Cloud Computing and the FTC ACT, BakerINFORM, February 2017
- FDA Releases Guidance For Medical Device Cybersecurity, BakerINFORM, January 2017