Luis Miguel De Alva is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s Washington, DC office. He is a member of the Mergers & Acquisitions and transactional practice groups, and has been with the Firm since 2011. Mr. De Alva is highly proficient in civil aviation and aeronautics matters, including commercial and regulatory issues involved in the industry, as well as government relations thereunder. In addition to his practice, Mr. De Alva regularly lectures on foreign investments in Mexico and on various issues related to acquisitions, leasing and public sector services law, privatization and bidding processes, among others.
Mr. De Alva focuses his practice on corporate law matters, including mergers, general corporate law, foreign investment, pre-merger filings and antitrust notices in connection with all types of commercial transactions. He regularly advises non-listed companies on issues relating to corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, restructuring and planning, including due diligence reviews, transactions and general corporate matters. He is experienced in advising on the day-to-day operations of airlines, as well as in contracting and consultation. He has also served as adviser and board member to several multinational companies.
Representative Legal Matters
- Provided support to multinational companies regarding the regularization of particular airports and renewal of their concessions and permits.
- Advised companies in different sectors in the preparation of documentation required to close acquisition processes.
- Advised on and assisted in mergers for companies in different sectors.
- Supported multinational companies on their start-up in Mexico.
- Advised companies regarding the preparation of all documentation required for the securitization of their assets.
- Advised Mexican and multinational companies regarding the preparation and implementation of their commercial agreements.
- Advised multinational companies regarding the requirements and limitations of foreign investments in Mexico.
- Advised foreign airlines on starting operations in Mexico, day-to-day operations, contracting with airports, commercial and regulatory issues involved in the industry, as well as government relations.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Chamber of Commerce of Mexico A.P.
- Asociacion Nacional de Abogados de Empresa - Board Member
- Barra Mexicana, Colegio de Abogados - Board Member
- Mexico (2007)
- Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (Degree Air and Space Law) (2015)
- Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (Aeronatics Congress) (2014)
- Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (General Aeronatics Course) (2014)
- Universidad Iberoamericana (J.D.) (2007)