Alex has substantial experience in state and federal courts representing clients involved in breach of contract, business tort and related commercial litigation. This includes managing pre-trial discovery, taking and defending depositions, drafting motions to dismiss and for summary judgment, and meeting and conferring with opposing counsel. Having served as trial counsel in both bench and jury trials, Alex has first-hand experience examining and cross-examining witnesses, as well as arguing legal and evidentiary motions.
In addition, Alex has represented e-commerce companies in consumer litigation, including claims relating to data breach, online subscription renewals, sale price advertising, and related issues.
Alex’s practice experience also ranges from environmental-based matters, including an arbitration between two large energy companies over the scope of environmental cleanup liabilities, to a large-scale Chapter 11 restructuring involving a large public utility, to internal and white-collar investigations for companies in technology and other industries.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association - Member
- Bar Association of San Francisco - Member
- California~United States (2012)
- Harvard Law School (J.D.) (2012)
- Columbia University (B.A. Music, Germanic Languages & Literature) (2004)
- Co-author, "Will Private Litigants Be Able to Enforce the Compliance Provisions of the CCPA?," IAPP, 24 February 2020