Baker & McKenzie Services Limited
Anne-Marie is an Associate in the Employment & Compensation Group in the London office of Baker McKenzie. Anne-Marie joined the firm in January 2017 having previously worked as an Associate at another international firm.
Anne-Marie practises in all aspects of UK employment law including day to day employment issues, Tribunal and other contentious matters, and transactional work.
Anne-Marie has a particular focus on transactional work, including management of multijurisdictional acquisitions, disposals and reorganisations and outsourcing/re-tendering, with a particular emphasis on all practical and commercial aspects of TUPE.
Representative Legal Matters
Examples of recent work include:
- Coordinating the purchase of the non-US aspects of a global cloud computing business across 27 jurisdictions, including undertaking and coordinating employment due diligence, drafting the relevant transfer documentation and coordinating information and consultation exercises across all jurisdictions
- Defending a household name employer in respect of high profile and complex unfair dismissal and whistleblowing claims by co-claimants involving complex issues of legal privilege and full preparation for issuing High Court injunctive relief proceedings, and dealing with press enquiries
- Advising a well-known company in respect of an unfair dismissal, whistleblowing and unlawful deduction from wages claim, including preparing for and successfully defending an interim relief application
- Commercial Team of the Year (Nominated) - British Legal Awards 2016
- Employment Team of the Year (Nominated) - The Lawyer Awards 2015
- Commercial Team of the Year (Winner) - British Legal Awards 2013
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England & Wales
- Employment Lawyers Association
Anne-Marie has assisted with various pro bono matters, and has advised a number of individuals and not for profit organisations on employment issues.
- England & Wales (Solicitor)~United Kingdom (2013)
- University of Nottingham (Law LLB Hons)
- BPP Law School, London (Legal Practice Course)
- BPP Business School, London (MA in Law and Business)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.