Liam is a newly qualified Associate within the London Intellectual Property and Technology team, having completed a training contract at Baker McKenzie from March 2018 to March 2020. Prior to becoming a Trainee, Liam was a Paralegal in Baker McKenzie's London Employment team from October 2015 to November 2016.
During his training contract, Liam sat in the London Intellectual Property and Corporate Finance teams, assisting on various contentious and non-contentious matters. Liam was also seconded to Unilever to be part of the Beauty and Personal Care legal team and assisted their Brand IP and Brand Protection teams. Liam also spent the final 6 months of his training contract on international secondment to the Dubai office, primarily assigned in the Arbitration team but was also able to assist on a number of UAE IP and Technology projects.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Puig, the third generation, family owned fashion and fragrance company, on the IP and Commercial aspects of its acquisition of a majority stake in London based Charlotte Tilbury Beauty, the iconic British luxury make up and skincare brand.
- Advised KKR on the IP aspects of its multi billion dollar purchase of Coty's professional beauty division.
- Advised Unilever on the IP aspects of its disposal of its ice cream business in Chile to Carozzi.
- Advised Mondelēz International, one of the world’s largest snack organisations, on the IP and Commercial aspects of its proposed acquisition of a significant majority interest in Grenade, a leading UK performance nutrition pioneer in the fast-growing high protein bar segment.
- Advised large multinational TMT companies on digital media, content and intermediary liability issues.
- Assisted on a number of contentious matters, including brand protection and anti-counterfeiting programs, IP litigation and arbitrations.
- Advised on and drafted a variety of commercial contracts.
- England & Wales (2020)
- BPP University (LLM Commercial Legal Practice Course, Distinction) (2018)
- University of Warwick (Law LLB, 2.1) (2015)