Aaron Dauber is a Registered Foreign Lawyer and the Knowledge Lawyer for Baker McKenzie's non-contentious Financial Services Regulatory practice. He is responsible for monitoring and training on regulatory change, legal content projects and other knowledge initiatives to support the firm and our clients. Aaron's experience includes over 13 years' as an in-house counsel responsible for legal support to businesses across the Asia Pacific region including Japan and Australia with a global systemically important bank.
Aaron has experience in a wide range of financial services legal and regulatory issues, general corporate matters and litigation. His experience includes structuring cross-border operations, development of new products and services, establishment, structuring and operation of various financial services businesses (including securities lending, brokerage, establishment of collateral investment funds, electronic trading platforms and foreign exchange) and responding to licensing and regulatory inspections.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Law Society of Hong Kong (Associate Member)
- The Law Society (England and Wales)
- Queensland Law Society
- Registered Foreign Lawyer (Queensland, Australia)~Hong Kong (2020)
- England & Wales (Solicitor) (2008)
- Supreme Court of Queensland~Australia (Solicitor) (2000)
- University of Queensland (LLM, Dean's Honour Roll) (2006)
- University of Queensland (LLB) (1998)
- University of Queensland (Bachelor of Arts) (1996)
Baker & McKenzie, a Hong Kong partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.