Thanh Son Dang is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Hanoi office. Before joining the Firm, Mr. Dang was a General Counsel for a state-owned group in the telecommunications industry with several subsidiaries in Laos, Cambodia, Mozambique, Cameroon and Peru.
Mr. Dang is experienced in handling foreign investment matters, telecommunications projects, banking and finance matters, and cross-border mergers and acquisitions. He advises multinational companies on data protection related matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised insurance companies, commercial banks, and social media and internet service providers on cybersecurity, privacy and data protection matters.
- Advised a leading telecom operator in Vietnam on various regulatory matters including spectrum, tariff and interconnection issues.
- Advised a multinational company on the establishment of a local company in a high-tech park.
- Advised an American investor on the establishment of a motorcycle manufacturing company in Vietnam.
- Advised a Thai investor on the establishment & development of industrial zones.
- Advised a Japanese investor on a 30% acquisition of shares in a leading door supply company.
- Advised a multinational company on the establishment of an online gaming company in Vietnam.
- Advised multiple Fortune 500 IT/C companies on the establishment of subsidiaries in Vietnam.
- Advised international luxury brand companies on the establishment of retail shops in Vietnam.
- Advised a leading Vietnamese telecom company on a USD 30 million share acquisition in a telecom company in Tanzania.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Hanoi Bar Association
- Vietnam (2001)
- University of Hawaii, William S. Richardson School of Law (LL.M.) (2010)
- Hanoi University of Law, Vietnam (LL.B.) (1999)