Chi Lieu Dang joined the Firm's Hanoi office in 2008 and became a partner in July 2015. He focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, corporate, energy, mining and infrastructure. He also has substantial experience in commercial, insurance and telecommunications. Mr. Dang is a member of the Hanoi Bar Association.
Mr. Dang routinely acts for clients on mergers and acquisitions matters, including deal structuring, due diligence, contract drafting and negotiation. He also provides regulatory advice on various areas of law affecting the day-to-day operation of business entities, including corporate governance, commercial and licensing. His clients cover a wide range of industries, including food and beverage, telecoms, oil and gas, mining, construction and insurance. He is an admitted lawyer in Vietnam.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a world-leading beverage company in relation to the acquisition of shares in a public company in Vietnam by way of direct purchase and public offer.
- Advised a Japanese leading telecom company in relation to the acquisition of shares in a public company in Vietnam by way of direct purchase and private placement.
- Advising a leading Australian oil and gas company in relation to a farm-in transaction relating to five blocks in three countries including Vietnam.
- Advising a Hong Kong-based client in relation to the development of a 3G telecommunications network in Vietnam.
- Advising a consortium of Japanese investors in relation to the development of an international gateway seaport in Hai Phong City, Vietnam.
- Advise client in relation to the operation of a coal mining project in Vietnam.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Hanoi Bar Association
- Vietnam (2007)
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law (LL.M.) (2008)
- Hanoi Foreign Studies University (B.A. English) (2002)
- Hanoi University of Law, Vietnam (LL.B.) (2001)