Representative Legal Matters
Advising Hutchison Ports, the world's leading port operator, on its agreement with the Egyptian Navy to develop, and operate a new container terminal in Abu Qir, Egypt with total investment value in developing the new terminal estimated to reach USD 730 million.
Advising Hitachi on USD 11 billion carve-out of ABB Power including Business & Assets Restructuring.
Advising on acquisition by Rhone Capital, and its portfolio company Wellbore Integrity Solutions, of fishing and remedial, manufacturing and tubular rental businesses from Schlumberger in a 25 country carve-out transaction.
Leading transaction for Nabros, owner/operator of one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleets and provider of offshore platform rigs in the US, for sale of shares and exit from its casing and tubing unit in Egypt.
Leading the acquisition by Cysiv Inc, US Based cyber security company, of 100% of Secure Misr.
Leading and acting for one of Swvl Founders, a prominent regional ridesharing bus transportation company, on his disposal of shares.
Leading and advising Indorama Ventures Public Company Limited, dually-listed in Thailand and the Dow Jones Sustainability Index, and one of the world's leading petrochemicals producers on the EGP 843 million acquisition of 74% of Medco Plast for Packing and Packaging Systems, the largest manufacturer of PET from Gulf Capital’s portfolio company/Middle East Glass.
Leading the acquisition by CI Capital of 80% of Egypt’s leading microfinance "Reefy."
Advising the Safyedlin Family on restructuring and sale of 55% of Egyptian German Industrial Corporate, the largest manufacturer of pipes and fittings in Egypt, to Development Partners International, a UK Private Equity Fund.
Leading and acting for Al Hail Holding, a major investment company headquartered in Abu Dhabi, in its acquisition of a majority stake in Orix Financial Leasing Egypt.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Egyptian Bar Association - Member (Appellate level)
- Law World Federation - Regional Head (2012-2015)
- Egypt (2011)
- The London School of Economics and Political Science (International Financial Law Programme, Grade A-) (2018)
- Université Paris I Panthéon Sorbonne (LL.M. Master of Laws, Major in International and European Business Law) (2009)
- Cairo University (LL.B. Bachelor of Laws) (2008)
- Université Paris I Panthéon Sorbonne (LL.B. Bachelor of Laws) (2007)
- Led the Steering Committee, on behalf of Law World Federation, for the first international M&A Seminar held in Lebanon, in collaboration with USEK Faculty of Law and attended by top-tier global firms. The Seminar was named “unprecedented” by Finance Monthly Magazine, 2013
- Speaker, "Doing Business Responsibly," USEK, Faculty of Business and Commercial Sciences, Lebanon, November 2012
- Speaker, "Peace and Solidarity," USEK, Faculty of Business and Commercial Sciences, Lebanon, September 2012
- Speaker, "Crises, Globalization and Governance: how to draw lessons?," USEK, Faculty of Business and Commercial Sciences, Lebanon, April 2012
- Assisted in the draft, "In a More Transparent World," Doing Business, International Finance Corporation and World Bank, 2012