Leah focuses on private M&A and corporate governance / company secretarial advisory. Leah also has experience in public M&A, joint ventures, securities law and commercial contracting. She works with a number of listed and private companies and investment funds and has a particular focus on the manufacturing industry.
Leah has acted on a number of complex acquisitions, divestments and joint ventures for clients, particularly in the manufacturing and media space. Leah also advises provides advice to boards and management corporate governance matters, including Corporations Act and ASX Listing Rules compliance.
Leah has also undertaken multiple secondments to Orora Limited, an ASX-listed packaging manufacturing company, gaining significant experience in corporate governance and company secretarial matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for Booking Holdings Inc. (previously The Priceline Group Inc. on its acquisitions of HotelsCombined, a hotel metasearch site (2018) and AS Digital, a leading restaurant booking software provider (2015).
- Acted for Caisse de Dépôt et Placement du Québec on its investment into Plenary Group, a leading independent investor, sponsor and operator of public infrastructure projects.
- Acted on Australian aspects of Cardtronics plc's US$460 million acquisition of DirectCash Payments Inc,. a leading global ATM services provider with primary operations in Australia, Canada and the United Kingdom.
- Acted for Amcor on the demerger of its Australasia Packaging Distribution business, including establishment and listing of Orora Ltd.
- Acted for NorthWest Healthcare Properties REIT on transition and integration matters following its takeover of ASX-listed Generation Healthcare REIT.
- Acted for a sovereign wealth fund on its participation in a consortium to acquire significant infrastructure assets.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Institute of Victoria - Member
- Volunteer lawyer with Women's Legal Service Victoria, assisting victims of domestic violence with applications for assistance to the Victims of Crime Assistance Tribunal.
- Volunteer migration agent with Refugee and Immigration Legal Centre, assisting asylum seekers to apply for protection visas (2016 to 2018).
- Victoria~Australia (2012)
- Monash University (LLB, Hons) (2012)
- Monash University (BA) (2012)