Nick is a senior associate in London's Banking and Finance practice. Nick has worked on a range of top of the market acquisition financing, real estate finance, corporate refinancing and restructuring transactions. He has also advised a number of large-cap and mid-cap private equity sponsors, investment banks, debt funds and corporate borrowers across a wide range of sectors. Nick has an extensive knowledge of large-cap and mid-cap LBO financing terms and HY bond-style covenants and European TLB facilities.
Nick is recognised as a key individual for acquisition finance in Legal 500 UK, 2021.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising Firmenich International on its investment grade EUR 2.8 billion bridge-to-bond financing of its acquisition together with the implementation of a CHF 750 million RCF.
- Advising MagicLab, the owner of online dating apps Bumble and Badoo, in connection with the acquisition financing of Blackstone's USD 3 billion majority stake in the MagicLab group.
- Advising a syndicate of European and US banks, including Morgan Stanley and Credit Suisse, in connection with the implementation of a new global funding structure for the Encore Capital Group Inc. by way of a EUR 350 million senior secured notes and a EUR 400 million senior secured floating rate note issuance together with a USD 1.05 billion multicurrency RCF
- Advising the Arranger on the provision of a bridge loan facility in connection with Global Wafers' proposed acquisition of German semiconductor manufacturer, Siltronic AG.
Advising Charlesbank Capital Partners with respect to the refinancing of its acquisition of Six Degrees Limited.
- Advising Muzinich and Santander with respect to a unitranche financing in connection with LDC’s acquisition of Solid Solutions Management Limited.
- Advising Hellman & Friedman and GIC with respect to the financing arrangements for their acquisition of Allfunds Bank S.A. with a deal value of approximately EUR 1.8 billion.
- Advising Impala Platinum Holdings Limited on the CAD 1 billion acquisition financing of its bid to acquire North American Palladium Ltd., a Canadian publicly listed mining company.
- Advised Duke Street LLP, a UK-based mid-market private equity firm, on its acquisition of the Great Rail Journeys group by way of GBP 60 million unitranche and revolving facilities agreement provided by a debt fund.
- Advising Silverfleet Capital Partners on the financing of its mid-market acquisition of Riviera Tours Travel Group and the negotiation of a GBP 124 million unitranche and revolving facilities agreement provided by a debt fund.
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2012)