Nick is a senior associate in London's Banking and Finance practice. Nick has worked on a range of top of the market acquisition financing, real estate finance, corporate refinancing and restructuring transactions. He has also advised a number of large-cap and mid-cap private equity sponsors, investment banks, debt funds and corporate borrowers across a wide range of sectors. Nick has an extensive knowledge of large-cap and mid-cap LBO financing terms and HY bond-style covenants and European TLB facilities.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising Charlesbank Capital Partners with respect to the refinancing of its acquisition of Six Degrees Limited.
- Advising Muzinich and Santander with respect to a unitranche financing in connection with LDC’s acquisition of Solid Solutions Management Limited.
- Advising Hellman & Friedman and GIC with respect to the financing arrangements for their acquisition of Allfunds Bank S.A. with a deal value of approximately EUR 1.8 billion.
- Advising Impala Platinum Holdings Limited on the CAD 1 billion acquisition financing of its bid to acquire North American Palladium Ltd., a Canadian publicly listed mining company.
- Advised Duke Street LLP, a UK-based mid-market private equity firm, on its acquisition of the Great Rail Journeys group by way of GBP 60 million unitranche and revolving facilities agreement provided by a debt fund.
- Advising Silverfleet Capital Partners on the financing of its mid-market acquisition of Riviera Tours Travel Group and the negotiation of a GBP 124 million unitranche and revolving facilities agreement provided by a debt fund.
- Advising Macquarie Capital in connection with a PIK holdco loan made available for the purposes of Liberty Hall Capital Partners’ USD 135 million acquisition of Dunlop Aircraft Tyres Ltd.
- Advising a US-based investment fund on its acquisition of Portuguese property portfolio via a senior/mezzanine real estate financing in 2015.
- Advising Liberty Global plc in connection with the GBP 3.5 billion acquisition and refinancing of Cable & Wireless Communications plc and assisting on multiple refinancing transactions for several Liberty Global portfolio companies including UPC, Telenet, Virgin Media and VodafoneZiggo.
- Advising DPK Management, a real estate investment fund, in connection with its acquisition of a London retail park and shopping centre and the implementation of a senior/mezzanine refinancing.
- Advised a large syndicate of banks including JPM, DNB, Santander, Lloyds, HSBC, HSBC and MUFG on amending and resizing Cabot Financial Limited’s super senior revolving facilities.
- Advising Angelo, Gordon & Co, Avenue Capital and Alchemy Partners in connection with their joint acquisition of Avant Homes from Lloyds Banking Group.
- Advising a South African consortium in connection with the GBP 74 million purchase of 2 Park Street, Mayfair from Kildare Partners.
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2012)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.