Jeff Curtis is a member of the Firm's Cross Border Transactions and Integration, Corporate and Securities, and Mergers and Acquisitions practice groups. Prior to joining the Houston office of Baker McKenzie in 2011, he served as legal counsel for Wescott LLC, a private investment firm. Mr. Curtis also previously practiced with Jackson Walker and began his professional career in the Dallas office of Baker McKenzie.
Mr. Curtis focuses in the areas of corporate law and international restructurings where he represents companies in a broad range of domestic and foreign corporate and transactional matters, including pre-transaction restructurings, post-acquisition integrations and spin-offs. He has experience in cross-border and multi-jurisdictional mergers, stock and asset acquisitions and redomestication transactions. Mr. Curtis' practice also encompasses corporate governance issues, joint venture alliances, and general corporate and securities law matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Representation of a Fortune 100 company regarding a multi-country spin-off of its automotive business in multiple APAC and EMEA countries, including asset, employee and subsidiary transfers.
- Representation of a NYSE-listed company regarding the reorganization of its corporate structure, including implementation of asset and subsidiary transfers and entity simplification through mergers and liquidations.
- Representation of a Fortune 500 oil, gas and petrochemical company regarding the divestiture of its sub-sea controls business valued at USD165 million.
- Representation of an NYSE-listed company in its redomestication from Bermuda to Ireland, valued at USD4.7 billion.
- Representation of a publicly traded retail company in the development of joint venture initiatives, corporate governance matters, and management of proxy statements and all periodic filings under federal securities laws.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Houston Bar Association - Mergers & Acquisitions and Corporate Counsel Groups
- Texas~United States (2002)
- Pepperdine University (J.D.) (2002)
- University of Texas at Austin (B.A.) (1996)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.