Robert J. Cunningham has extensive experience as lead counsel in numerous state and federal income tax cases, including several intercompany pricing matters. In addition to his law practice, Mr. Cunningham is a frequent speaker in the areas of structuring international tax operations, US taxation of international income and transfer pricing. He has been active in Firm management for years.
Mr. Cunningham’s practice primarily involves advising multinational companies on international tax planning and e-commerce transactions. He also represents clients in local and international income tax controversies, both in the administrative and litigation levels.
Representative Legal Matters
- G.D. Searle & Co. v. Commissioner, 88 T.C. 252 (1987)
- The Perkin-Elmer Corp. v. Commissioner, 66 TCM (CCH) 634 (1993)
- AMP, Inc. v. United States, 185 F.3d 1333 (Fed. Cir. 1999)
- Medtronic, Inc. v. Commissioner, TC Docket No. 017488-08
- Illinois~United States (1969)
- New York~United States (1967)
- New York University School of Law (LL.M.) (1969)
- New York University School of Law (J.D.) (1967)
- University of Nebraska (B.A.) (1964)