Duan Cui's practice focuses on China related outbound banking and finance matters, advising large Chinese banks including China Development Bank, Export-Import Bank of China, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China and China Construction Bank on cross-border finance transactions, particularly in relation to project finance, bilateral lending, corporate debt, export credit and commodity finance in various jurisdictions including Latin America, Central Asia, Africa and East Europe.
Duan's practice focuses on Banking and Finance, Loans and Credit Facilities, and Project Finance.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for Industrial and Commercial Bank of China in relation to several Sinosure covered wind power project finance matters in Pakistan.
- Acted for China Development Bank and Export-Import Bank of China in relation to the first solar project finance matter in Pakistan.
- Acted for China Development Bank in relation to a USD 2 billion Sinosure covered export credit loan to Ministry of Finance of Argentina.
- Acted for Industrial and Commercial Bank of China in relation to several Sinosure covered export credit loans to finance the construction of power plants in Bangladesh.
- Acted for China Development Bank and Export-Import Bank of China on a USD 700 million syndicated loan facility to support Hanlong's share acquisition of Moly Mines and to fund the development of a copper mine in Australia.
- Acted for China Development Bank in relation to a USD 3.9 billion syndicated loan facility to GNPC to finance its acquisition of Kosmo's interest in Jubilee field.
- Acted for joint Stock Company Development Bank of Kazakhstan in relation to a USD 5 billion bilateral loan from the Export-Import Bank of China for financing and/or refinancing the mining and infrastructure projects with Chinese participation.
- Acted for Petroleo Brasiliero SA in relation to a USD 10 billion bilateral loan to support Petrobras to develop oil fields and sell crude oil to Unipec (Asia) Limited, a subsidiary of China Petrochemical Corporation (Sinopec).
- Acted for China Development Bank in relation to a USD 75 million Sinosure backed financing of a VLCC new building of Cardiff Marine, the George Economou group and on a USD 120 million Sinosure backed syndicated financing of 3 VLCC new buildings of a Liberian shipping company.
- Acted for China Development Bank head office and its local branches in relation to 11 bilateral loan facilities to the national banks and large companies in Argentina, Ecuador, Jamaica, Chile, Peru and Vietnam.
- England & Wales (Solicitor)~United Kingdom (2018)
- China (2009)
- University of Nottingham (LL.M.) (2002)
- Southwestern University of Finance and Economics (LL.B.) (2001)
Baker & McKenzie, a Hong Kong partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.