Josh is an associate in the Firm's Melbourne office, working in the Employment and Industrial Relations team. Josh joined Baker McKenzie in 2013. Prior to this, Josh worked for a national law firm across a range of practice groups, and with the compliance and in-house legal team of a boutique insurance and financial services company.
Josh practices broadly in employment, workplace relations, and occupational health and safety matters. Josh has worked with clients in the technology, manufacturing, mining, pharmaceutical and financial services industries. He has provided advice on major transactions, regarding the pre and post-completion aspects of commercial sales, restructures and acquisitions. Josh also has experience with contested employment matters, involving contractual, work health and safety, and employment-related disputes and litigation.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising on workplace, labour and employment disputes, including preparation for court and industrial proceedings.
- Advising on terminations of employment, redundancies and corporate restructures.
- Providing advice on the drafting and implementation of employment contracts, remuneration schemes and industrial instruments.
- Providing training sessions for staff and managers regarding their rights and obligations in the workplace, effectively managing risks and employees, occupational health and safety, workers compensation and workplace investigations.
- Providing due diligence on the employment and commercial aspects of large scale transactions.
- Advising on the implementation of employment related post-completion requirements in major transactions.
- Advising on occupational health and safety issues at workplaces, including negotiating outcomes with regulators on compliance with legislation and relevant standards.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Institute of Victoria - Member
- Victoria~Australia (2013)
- High Court of Australia~Australia (2013)
- Monash University (Bachelor of Arts Honors) (2013)
- Monash University (LLB Honors) (2013)
Baker & McKenzie, an Australian Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.