Nicola Crispino has been a member of Baker McKenzie’s Tax Practice Group in Milan since January 2008. From 1990 to 2006, he served as senior officer for the Italian Tax Police (Guardia di Finanza), where in his last appointment he was responsible for international intelligence activity in the tax sector. Mr. Crispino has been a member of the Italian delegation, appointed by the Minister of Justice in the economic crime sector, at the Phare/Twinning Programmes for pre-accession to the European Union. He has been also a member of the European Commission Working Groups on VAT, carousel fraud and administrative cooperation; and a representative of the Italian Ministry of Economy and Finance at the committee of the UN Convention against Corruption.
Mr. Crispino's practice is mainly focused on tax controversy and litigation, as well as on tax advice, general tax planning, VAT, and criminal tax controversy.
- Albanian Eagle Gold Medal and Skanderberg Elm recipient, awarded by the Albanian Minister of Finance for legal advice and support to the minister
- Commander of the Republic of San Marino, appointed by the Grand and General Council for exceptional merits
- Medal to the Merit of Long Command recipient, awarded by the Commanding General of the Guardia di Finanza
- Commended for exceptional results obtained on duty, Minister of Finance and Guardia di Finanza
- Medal recipient for rescuing people during a public calamity, awarded by the Commanding General of the Guardia di Finanza
- Italy (2006)
- Italian Bar-Court of Appeal of Milan~Italy (2001)
- University Degli Studi Trieste (Degree Political Science) (2005)
- University Tor Vergata, Rome (Degree Economic and Financial Sciences summa cum laude) (2003)
- School for International Training (International Orientation and Formation Course) (2002)
- University of Pavia Law School (J.D.) (1996)
- Guardia de Finanza Military Academy (Financial and Economic Police) (1992)