Matthew is a Banking partner in Baker McKenzie's London office focusing on leveraged and acquisition financing and restructuring.
Matthew has significant experience with UK and international transactions, as well as deep knowledge of both the borrower and lender side of complex financings and restructurings. He regularly advises private investment, funds and investment banking clients.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for Bain Capital in its acquisition of Ibstock, Forticrete, Supreme and Glen Gery, the concrete businesses of CRH plc and on the subsequent IPO exit.
- Acted for Bain Capital in its acquisition of MKM Building Supplies.
- Acted for Hellman & Friedman on the financing in its acquisition of Allfunds Bank Group, a leading European mutual fund platform.
- Acted for 3i in its acquisition of Audley Travel.
- Acted for Hellman & Friedman in its refinancing and subsequent disposal of SSP Holdings Limited.
- Acted for Charlesbank Capital Partners in its acquisition of Six Degrees Limited.
- Acted for European Capital in its acquisition of Cordium, a provider of governance services to regulated firms.
- Acted for Welsh Carson in the refinancing of Aspen Healthcare and its subsequent sale.
- Acted for a US Opportunity Fund in its financing for the acquisition of a major shopping centre in Europe.
- Acted for Anchorage Capital in connection with the acquisition of New Century Care Group.
- England & Wales (Solicitor) (2002)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.