Julie Cox is a special counsel in the Intellectual Property team at Baker McKenzie, Sydney. Julie's practice encompasses all key aspects of intellectual property, consumer, advertising and media law. She has gained considerable experience previously working with private law firms in Australia and England and as an in-house solicitor at British Sky Broadcasting in London.
Julie focuses on commercial intellectual property, including patent and trade mark licensing, advertising and consumer law, trade promotions, brand management and general commercial matters such as event management and sponsorship agreements. She advises a number of leading FMCG businesses and media owners on all aspects of the Australian Consumer Law and has particular experience advising on the regulation of food and alcohol advertising and labeling in Australia.
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2008)
- New South Wales~Australia (2003)
- South Australia~Australia (2003)
- University of Adelaide (LL.B. Honors) (2003)
- University of Technology Sydney (Graduate Certificate TM Law and Practice) (2003)
- University of Adelaide (B.Sc.) (2000)