Annabel is an Associate in the Intellectual Property and Technology team of Baker McKenzie's London office, having qualified in September 2016.
She joined Baker & McKenzie LLP as a trainee in September 2014 and as part of her training contract spent time in the IT/Commercial, Banking & Finance and Intellectual Property departments, as well as completing a client secondment.
Annabel's practice focuses on drafting, negotiating and advising on a wide range of domestic and international IT and commercial agreements and matters.
She also advises clients in a wide range of industry sectors on data protection compliance, including major data protection compliance projects, assessments and related implementation programmes.
Representative Legal Matters
Recent matters in which Annabel has been involved include:
- Drafting and negotiating a services agreement for a global data, insights and consulting company.
- Drafting and negotiating transitional services agreements and other longer term agreements as part of various global acquisitions.
- Advising clients on the application of the GDPR in a variety of sectors, notably in the retail, manufacturing, technology, finance, and hospitality industries.
- Advising various global clients on the implementation of data protection compliance programmes in light of the GDPR, including drafting and reviewing sets of internal and external policies.
- Advising a range of companies on data protection queries, ranging from consent language, marketing practices and general queries.
- Advising a global technology company on consumer practices in multiple jurisdictions.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- England & Wales (2016)
- University of Law (Legal Practice Course) (2014)
- University of Exeter (European Studies (Spanish)) (2013)