Regine W. Corrado's cross-border practice includes the coordination and implementation of multi-country corporate transactions and restructurings outside the US. In addition, she counsels US multinationals in connection with their international operations, as well as corporate and foreign investment compliance and maintenance of their global corporate portfolio. Ms. Corrado is an active member of the Chicago Bar Association, and currently serves as Co Vice-Chair of the Alliance for Women. Ms. Corrado is also a member of the American Bar Association, International Law Division.
Ms. Corrado concentrates on the planning and implementation of restructuring projects involving multinational enterprises including post-acquisition integrations, pre-spinoff or divestiture restructurings, and supply chain restructurings.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising a US pharmaceutical company on the planning and implementation of a post-acquisition matter involving more than 60 countries. (Ongoing)
- Advising a major US medical instruments company on the post-acquisition integration in over 30 countries in North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia. (Ongoing)
- Advised a US food company on the planning and implementation of a supply chain restructuring covering all Western European countries. (2009)
- Advised a major US media company on a restructuring, in preparation for a partial initial public offering of one division and spin-off of another division involving 12 jurisdictions in North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia.
- Advised a US software company on non-US aspects of the divestiture of a division with subsidiaries in 24 jurisdictions in North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia.
- Advised a major US software company on the regulatory aspects of a post-acquisition integration, following a hostile takeover in 37 jurisdictions in North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association - International Law Division
- Chicago Bar Association - Alliance for Women, Co-Chair
- Advisory Board of POWER - Opening Doors for Women® - Member
- Illinois~United States (2002)
- California~United States (1991)
- Germany (inactive) (1990)
- University of the Pacific (McGeorge) (LLM) (1990)
- University of Hamburg (Assessor Exam) (1989)
- San Francisco