Omar Cornejo has more than 10 years of experience advising domestic and multinational companies on tax matters. He is proficient in the areas of corporate taxes, taxation for foreign residents and indirect taxes. Before joining Baker McKenzie in 2009, Omar worked for a firm in Mexico.
Omar advises multinational companies on day-to-day tax compliance, application of double taxation treaties as well as multinational reorganizations, sales of shares, mergers, spin-offs and liquidations. He also provides tax advice on special regimes, such as the maquiladora, consolidation and hydrocarbons regimes, and assists in tax audits.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted various clients in the digital economy sector in expanding their businesses into Mexico as well as in permanent establishment and VAT issues on cross-border transactions.
- Assisted a big pharmaceutical company in managing several audits by the tax authorities.
- Provided tax advice in several M&A projects.
- Provided day-to-day tax advice for a large company in the market research services field.
- Advised large multinational companies in the manufacturing, energy, technology and services sectors on tax planning related to tax consolidation, the maquiladora industry and permanent establishments.
- Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Mexico (Public Accountant) (2009)
Baker & McKenzie Abogados, S.C. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.