United Nations - International Labour Organization (ILO) + Human Rights
- Member of the United Nations Global Compact Advisory Group on Supply Chain Sustainability 2015 to present.
- Employer Representative and Employer Spokesperson to the ILO Committee of Experts on Working Time Arrangements, October 2011.
- Employer Representative on the Canadian Delegation to the United Nations International Labour Organization International Labour Conference in 2002-2005, 2007-2010 in Geneva, Switzerland; Participated on:
- the Committee “Application of International Labour Standards” in member countries,
- the Committee and Drafting Committee considering “Decent Work and the Informal Economy” and
- the Committee and Drafting Committee creating the international labour standard on “HIV/AIDS in the World of Work”, Resolution 200.
- Selected to the Canadian Delegation at the Fifteenth American Regional Tri-Partite Meeting of the ILO in Peru, December 2002 and addressed issues related to the Director General ’s Report on the “Social Dimensions of Globalization ” and “Crisis and Globalization: Possible Answers ”.
- Selected as a member of the ILO Committee of Experts session on Corporate Social Responsibility, 2005.
- Certified Specialist in Labour Law, Law Society of Upper Canada, June 2016.
- Certified as a Corporate Compliance and Ethics Professional, US Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics, September 2011.
- Chair Policy Committee Baker McKenzie International, 2016-2019
- Managing Partner Baker McKenzie Toronto, 2012-Present
- Served as Professional Development and Recruitment Partner for the Toronto office from 1999 to 2002.
- North American Representative on Global Firm Talent Management Committee, 2002-2006.
- Practice Group Leader, Toronto.
Government of Canada
- Special Assistant, Minister of Justice and Attorney General of Canada, 1983-84.
- Parliamentary Assistant, Member of Parliament, House of Commons, 1982-83.
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police, Special Constable, 1985.
Government of Ontario, Canada
- Senior Policy Advisor, Minister of Labour for Ontario, 1989-90; Advisor to the Minister on the development of labour and employment policy, programs and legislation.
- Colorado Center for Leadership, 2009, Baker McKenzie LLP Intensive Partner Training
Professional Associations and Memberships
- International Organization of Employers
- United States Council for International Business
- Society of Corporate Compliance & Ethics - Member
- Canadian Bar Association - Member
- Canadian Employers Council - Member
- Ontario~Canada (1989)
- Kellogg Graduate School of Management, Northwestern University (Executive Management Program) (2000)
- University of Western Ontario (LL.B.) (1987)
- University of Windsor (B.A. Economics and International Relations) (1982)
Labour lawyer on top questions being asked amid COVID-19, BNN Bloomberg, 8 April 2020
10th Annual Compliance and Ethics Institute, Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics, "Navigating Compliance Risks in Emerging Markets," September 2011
"Tripartite Roundtable on Labour Administration and Labour Inspection, International Labour Standards for Domestic Workers and International Labour Organization Recommendation (No. 200) on HIV/AIDS in the Workplace," February 2011. Convened by the Government of Canada
"Kluwer Law International," International Labour and Compliance Handbook, Canada Chapter, November 2010
"Worldwide Guide to Trade Unions and Works Councils," Baker McKenzie LLP Canada Chapter
"Worldwide Guide to Termination, Employment Discrimination and Workplace Harassment Laws," Canada Chapter
“Reform of the Occupational Health and Safety Act – Bill 160," Workplace Safety and Prevention Services, Partners in Prevention 2011
“The Globalization of Labour Standards – Managing Risk in a Changing World Economy," Baker McKenzie LLP, Chicago, September 2010
"Understanding the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act," Canada Law Book, Co-Author
"On Strike and How to Prevent Getting There," Canadian Manufacturers Association, Co-Author