Chris is an associate in the Employment Department of Baker McKenzie in London. Chris joined the firm as a trainee in March 2016. During his training contract, Chris has completed seats in the Corporate Private Equity, Corporate Tax and Employment departments. Chris also completed a three-month secondment to Prudential, which was primarily focused on data protection work. Chris qualified into the Employment Group in March 2018.
Chris advises clients on both contentious and non-contentious employment law matters across a wide variety of sectors, including transport, technology, media and financial services. Chris assists with employment-related disputes, provides day-to-day general counsel support on employment queries and also co-ordinates global employment projects.
Representative Legal Matters
Since joining the Employment Group, Chris has worked on a variety of matters including:
- providing a wide variety of day-to-day employment advice with a domestic and international focus under a retainer with a global technology company.
- acting for a multinational web services company in responding to a claim from a former employee for breach of his UK statutory employment rights.
- advising a US-based manufacturing company on a global restructuring and the consequent redundancy implications in the UK.
- coordinating and conducting employment-related due diligence on a carve-out transaction covering 38 jurisdictions.
- assisting a global technology company in defending a claim for breach of workers' rights in the Employment tribunal.
- working alongside the legal and HR teams at Prudential during a part-time secondment to prepare for GDPR compliance.
- conducting an equal pay audit and drafting a recommendations report in respect of a multinational media company's UK-based employees.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Chris is a member of BakerOpportunity (Baker McKenzie's mobility working group).
- Chris founded and leads the "Futuready" initiative, a social mobility project, in collaboration with Barclays.
- England & Wales (Solicitor)~United Kingdom (2018)
- BPP Law School (Legal Practice Course with distinction) (2016)
- Oxford Brookes University (Graduate Diploma in Law with commendation) (2015)
- University of Oxford (Modern Languages (German)) (2014)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.