Daniel Conti is an associate in the Corporate Markets team in Baker McKenzie's Melbourne office. Daniel has also spent time in Baker McKenzie's London office within the Mergers and Acquisitions team.
Daniel advises clients on international and domestic transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, cross-border transactions and private equity transactions. He also advises on general commercial law and corporate governance.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised the Royal Automobile Club of Victoria (RACV) in connection with its buyout of PropertySafe, a leading property safety inspection business.
- Advised Brevet Capital Management (New York) in connection with its acquisition of an R&D financing business.
- Advised Platinum Equity on the Australian aspects of its acquisition of the distribution business of Deluxe Entertainment Services Inc.
- Advised a Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets (MIRA)-led consortium on the acquisition of a majority stake in leading hyper scale data centre platform, AirTrunk, valuing AirTrunk at over AUD 3 billion.
- Acting for EQT Partners in connection with the acquisition by its Asia-focused mid-market fund of a majority stake in Australian cloud and managed service provider Nexon.
- Advised the Royal Automobile Club of Victoria (RACV) in connection with the acquisition of Gippsland Solar, a leading solar panel and home storage battery business.
- Acting for Pact Group (ASX: PGH) in connection with the acquisition of closed loop plastic garment and accessories re-use business, TIC Retail Accessories, a division of the TIC Group of companies.
- Acting for FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) in connection with the acquisition of Manton Air-Sea, a leading provider of logistics services, including freight forwarding and customs brokerage solutions.
- Acting for Study Group Australia in connection with the disposal of its Endeavour Learning Group business to Allegro Funds.
Professional Associations and Memberships
Law Institute of Victoria - Member
- Extensive corporate pro bono practice advising on corporate restructures for not-for-profit entities and charities
- Secondment lawyer to Women's Legal Service Victoria
- Victoria~Australia (2018)
- High Court of Australia~Australia (2018)
- Melbourne Law School - University of Melbourne (Juris Doctor) (2018)
- Amsterdam Law School - University of Amsterdam (International Exchange) (2018)
- University of Melbourne (Bachelor of Commerce Majoring in Accounting and Finance) (2014)
Baker & McKenzie, an Australian Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.