Jim Colihan serves as the managing partner of the Firm’s New York office. He is the practice group head of the New York Corporate & Securities team and is a member of the North America Corporate & Securities Practice Group Steering Committee. He has extensive experience structuring, negotiating and implementing a wide variety of mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, strategic alliances, corporate partnering and technology transactions. Mr. Colihan came to Baker McKenzie from Coudert Brothers LLP, where he was the chair of that firm’s global mergers and acquisitions practice.
Mr. Colihan has represented numerous domestic and foreign clients in connection with US and cross-border business and investment transactions, with particular focus on publishing, food ingredients, pharmaceutical and health care, and technology industries.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented CSM nv, a global industrial baking ingredients company, in the acquisition of Best Brands Corp. from Value Creation Partners Inc. for USD510 million.
- Represented Purac biochem bv in its strategic joint venture with Cargill Incorporated to manufacture polymer grade lactic acid.
- Represented LexisNexis, a world leading legal services and information provider, in the USD4.1 billion post-acquisition reorganization and integration of Choice Point Inc.
- Represented Merck KGaA in the sale of VWR International to Clayton, Dubilier & Rice LLC.
- Represented Sika AG, a Swiss specialty chemical and industrial materials company, in the acquisition of Greenstreak Inc., a manufacturer of specialty products for the cement industry.
- Represented Elsevier Inc., a world leading healthcare and scientific publisher, in connection with its divestiture of MDL Information Systems Inc., a software solutions provider, to Symyx Corporation.
- Represented Sepro-Robotique in its strategic joint venture with Conair Corporation.
- New York~United States (1980)
- Connecticut~United States (1980)
- University of Virginia (J.D.) (1979)
- Columbia University (M.I.A.) (1978)
- Holy Cross College (A.B. magna cum laude) (1975)