Michael L. Coleman has more than 40 years of extensive experience advising US corporations that conduct business in and with Belgium, France, The Netherlands, Morocco, Algeria and Tunisia. He has written extensively on EU Competition Law and has published various articles in International Financial Law Review, Middle East Executive Reports and The Globe on the Algerian legal and tax system.
Mr. Coleman focuses on local corporate, labor and tax issues as well as EU competition matters. In this regard, Mr. Coleman has addressed a wide variety of issues including antitrust, distribution and franchising, foreign trade regulations and Customs, and mergers and acquisitions across national borders. Mr. Coleman has also advised US-based clients extensively on doing business in and with Algeria, Morocco and Tunisia.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Illinois~United States (1973)
- Tulane University Law School (J.D. Order of the Coif) (1973)
- University of Brussels (Doc. en droit magna cum laude) (1970)
- University of Toronto (B.A. Honors) (1967)
- College St. Pierre (Humanities) (1963)