Claire-Marie Colantuoni is a member of Baker McKenzie's Employment and Compensation Law Practice Group. She joined Baker McKenzie in 2014 after completing the articling program with the Firm in Toronto.
She is a bilingual dual call, licensed to practice law in the Canadian provinces of Ontario and Quebec, thus qualified to provide employment related advice in both Canadian common law and Quebec's civil law jurisdictions.
Claire-Marie's daily counseling practice encompasses all areas of employment law, with a particular focus on employment standards, human rights, occupational health and safety, wrongful dismissals, pay equity and privacy. She also regularly advises employers on all employment and labour aspects of corporate transactions, providing practical legal and business advice in all types of acquisitions and corporate reorganizations.
In her advocacy practice, Claire-Marie has represented employers in wrongful dismissal, human rights, employment standards, workplace health and safety disputes and labour certification proceedings.
Claire-Marie has broad industry exposure, including technology, pharmaceuticals and healthcare, manufacturing and hospitality.
Representative Legal Matters
- Counsel to a global pharmaceutical company in its acquisition of assets in Ontario leading to the company’s entry into Canada, advising on all employment matters and negotiations of the transaction.
- Counsel to a global manufacturing company in its Ontario pay equity audit, leading information exchanges with Ontario’s Pay Equity Office.
- Counsel to a global technology company in the reorganization of its Canada workforce.
- Counsel to a French multinational technology company on the employment aspects of an asset acquisition in British Columbia, providing guidance on optimal employee integration initiatives and retention options for key employees.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Ontario - Member
- Barreau du Québec - Member
- Ontario Bar Association - Member
- Barreau de Montréal - Member
- Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers - Member
- Ontario~Canada (2014)
- Québec~Canada (2014)
- McGill University (Bachelor of Common Law (LLB, JD equivalent)) (2012)
- McGill University (Bachelor of Civil Law) (2012)
- McGill University (Bachelor of Arts Joint Honours Economics and Political Science) (2009)