Andrew specialises in dispute resolution and commercial and corporate litigation, with a particular focus in the areas of insolvency, partnership and shareholder disputes.
During the course of his career, Andrew has acted for unsecured and secured creditors, insolvency appointees, directors and debtors in relation to a wide range of insolvency appointments, in both contentious and uncontentious settings.
In addition, he has acted for clients in a broad range of disputes based both in Australia and overseas.
Representative Legal Matters
During the course of his career, Andrew has:
- Acted for various insolvency practitioners with respect to contentious claims, including those brought under the voidable transaction regime in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
- Acted for an insolvency practitioner in conducting Court-ordered public examinations, pursuant to the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
- Acted for insolvency practitioners in regards to the negotiation and effectuation of deeds of company arrangements and advising insolvency practitioners, more generally, with the carrying out of their functions and duties during the course of their appointment.
- Acted for an ASX-listed company in relation to a dispute in the Republic of the Philippines.
- Acted for a minority shareholder in relation to a claim of oppression brought in the Queensland Supreme Court.
- Acted on behalf of a quarry owner in defense of a claim brought pursuant to a drill and blast contract in the Supreme Court of Western Australia.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- High Court of Australia (2015)
- Supreme Court of Western Australia (2014)
- Murdoch University (J.D.) (2013)
- City University of Hong Kong (Post Graduate Certificate Chinese law) (2011)
- Monash University (B.A. Journalism) (2009)