Peter L. Clark focuses his practice on domestic and international tax law, particularly on corporate and individual income taxation, cross-border transactions, transfer pricing, financing, business structuring, succession planning and domestic and international estate planning. Peter has been recognized as a leading tax law practitioner in the 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 editions of The Best Lawyers in Canada (Woodward/White).
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented one of Ontario's largest employers with respect to various taxation matters.
- Represented sovereign investor regarding a cross-border infrastructure project.
- Represented a Canadian public company with regard to the creation of a major offshore financing subsidiary for non-Canadian operations.
- Represented a multinational engineering and construction company regarding its participation in private-public projects in Canada.
- Canadian tax advisor to several exchange listed commodity funds.
- Represented a Canadian public company in a merger transaction with a second public company.
- Numerous private company merger & acquisition transactions.
- Represented international companies in connection with transfer pricing audits in Canada.
- Canadian tax advisor to non-Canadian financial services and trust corporations.
- Designed and implemented a revised Canadian operating model for a multinational corporation.
- Advised various US public companies on implementation in Canada of stock incentive plans.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Ontario - Member
- Canadian Tax Foundation - Member
- Canadian Bar Association - Member
- Ontario~Canada (1986)
- University of Western Ontario (LL.B.) (1984)
- University of Toronto (B.A.) (1980)