Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a leading international high-technology group in merger reviews involving multiple transactions, including the sale of its detection system business and its acquisition of aerospace businesses.
- Represented a leading global supplier of recreational equipment in connection with merger control issues relating to its acquisition of an international fitness equipment manufacturer.
- Represented a global pharmaceutical company in the FTC investigation and consent decree negotiations related to its acquisition of a competitor pharmaceutical company.
- Represented a leading provider of medical waste transportation and treatment services in DOJ investigations and related consent decree negotiations involving several acquisitions.
- Represented a leading US electronic debit network in the DOJ investigation of its acquisition by a competitor.
- Represented clients in DOJ price fixing investigations focused on specialty chemicals, paper products and marine transportation, including the successful negotiation of an amnesty agreement under the DOJ leniency policy for a major chemical producer.
- Represented several software providers in FTC data security investigations.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- United States Chamber of Commerce - Member of the Antitrust Council and the International Competition Policy Working Group
- American Bar Association - Section of Antitrust Law
- American Bar Association - Section of International Law
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia~United States (1993)
- U.S. Supreme Court~United States (1991)
- District of Columbia~United States (1984)
- Wayne Law School (J.D. Law Review) (1969)
- Andrews University (B.A.) (1966)
Invited to testify before the House and Senate Judiciary Committees in support of legislation that would align the FTC's merger litigation procedures with those of the DOJ Antitrust Division (June and October 2015).
Initiated the publication of the Firm’s global merger control handbook, which has evolved into an online tool that is regularly updated.
Participated on a merger enforcement panel for the APEC Competition Policy and Law Group (March 2011).
Participated in a training program for officials of the Competition Commission of India (October 2010).
Participated in presentations to a PRC MOFCOM delegation on US merger enforcement policy, organized by the ABA Sections of Antitrust and International Law (May 2009).