Iwona Ciszyńska is an associate in Restructuring & Insolvency team at Baker McKenzie in Warsaw. Iwona joined Baker McKenzie in March 2021, having worked for Allen & Overy for over 4 years and previously for PwC Legal. She graduated from the University of Warsaw with a law degree. In 2021 Iwona passed her bar exam. Iwona is a co-author of publications relating insolvency law, commercial law and civil procedural law.
Iwona specializes in Polish bankruptcy and restructuring law, as well as in legal aspects of in insolvency and pre-insolvency matters. She has 5 years of experience in providing legal support to financial institutions and other companies in bankruptcy and restructuring proceedings, as well as in court and out-of-court enforcement of security interests. She advised banks, investment funds, and companies from various sectors (including IT, energy and real estate) with regard to recovery of their multimillion debt from credit facilities, bonds and commercial contracts against insolvent debtors.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the Firm, Iwona handled the following types of matter:
- provided legal support to major investment fund operating on the real estate market on complex and multistage restructuring of its receivables from bonds issued by a warehouse and logistic company
- provided legal support to Polish wind farm and its foreign shareholder in accelerated arrangement proceedings finished with the arrangement successfully adopted by creditors, approved by the court and fully performed by the debtor. It was a first arrangement in the restructuring proceedings of a wind farm in Poland
- provided legal support to a major Polish bank with regard to bankruptcy proceedings of its debtors - group of companies operating on construction and photovoltaics market
- advised a major Polish commercial bank with regard to the recovery of its PLN 30 million secured debt against Grupa Sadownicza "Owoc Sandomierski" sp. z o.o., one of the biggest Polish group of apple-growers, producing unclarified pressed juices, including legal support at pre-insolvency stage, as well as during restructuring proceedings and bankruptcy proceedings of the debtor
- advised a major Polish bank being a party to bankruptcy proceedings of its debtor in Russia in order to ascertain its actions are compliant with internal and external rules and credit risk's standards
- provided legal support to one of the world's biggest tech companies in out-of-court enforcement of multimillion receivables secured with registered pledge over assets of RTV/AGD distributor in Poland and subsequently advised the Client being a chairman of a creditors' council in bankruptcy proceedings of the debtor
- advised a major Polish commercial bank with regard to debt recovery from insurances of export credits granted to finance projects in Russia
- provided legal support to a Polish commercial bank in out-of-court enforcement of multimillion receivables secured with registered pledge over assets of the company operating on the steel and shipbuilding sector and their subsequent sale
- provided legal support to one of the world's biggest tech companies in debt recovery against public company in remedial proceedings in a twin-track way: (i) from bank guarantees and (ii) by set-off mutual claims, which effected with the full recovery of the Client's receivables
- advised one of the world's biggest tech companies on restructuring of transactions and security interests' package in order to secure client's receivables in case of Polish debtors' insolvency
- Warsaw University (Master of Laws) (2016)
Baker McKenzie Krzyżowski i Wspólnicy Spółka Komandytowa