Raija Churchill’s practice focuses on helping corporations harmonize business needs with legal savvy, so that they can concentrate on creating marketplace value. Before joining Baker McKenzie, Raija advised federal, state, and local agencies on legal compliance and policymaking. She has an inside perspective on judicial decision making, after spending well over 1,000 hours in confidential discussions with judges at almost every level of the state and federal courts. In addition to externing in Los Angeles Superior Court, she clerked in the District of Nevada and Seventh Circuit.
Raija was Editor in Chief of the Pepperdine Dispute Resolution Law Journal. She was also an Editor for the Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy. Her Master of Public Policy focused on solving challenges by integrating law, policy, and private resources. She is adept at seeing and translating between different stakeholders’ goals, as she has worked in legal, corporate, start up, non-profit, and government spaces.
- California~United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit~United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit~United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit~United States
- Pepperdine University School of Public Policy (MPP) (2013)
- Pepperdine University School of Law (JD) (2013)
- Patrick Henry College (BA) (2008)