Tuck Farn Chung is a senior associate in Baker McKenzie's Energy, Resources, Infrastructure and Corporate practice groups in Brisbane. Tuck focuses primarily on project development and transactions within the energy and resource industry. He speaks fluent Mandarin and Cantonese.
Tuck advises Australian and international clients on their investments and operations in the energy and resources sectors. He has experience in M&A transactions, regulatory compliance for mining projects, joint venture structuring, and general corporate and commercial work.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the Firm, Tuck was involved in a number of notable transactions:
- Advised a privately-owned coal company in Queensland in relation to its negotiations on trading an area under an exploration permit to an ASX-listed coal company in exchange for approximately AUD 9 million in options and shares.
- Acted for a privately-owned coal company in Queensland in exercising its pre-emptive rights to purchase joint venture interests from a joint venturer for over AUD 100 million and finalised post completion matters relating to assignments of material contracts.
- Represented a Chinese provincial state owned entity in its takeover of an Australia mining company with various mineral exploration tenements in Queensland and the Northern Territory.
- Advised a privately-owned coal company in Queensland on coal project development in the Bowen Basin in accordance with the requirements of the business.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Queensland - Member
- AMPLA, Resources and Energy Law Association - Member
- Supreme Court of Queensland~Australia (2011)
- High Court of Australia~Australia (2009)
- Supreme Court of Victoria~Australia (2009)
- University of Melbourne (B.Com. Finance) (2008)
- University of Melbourne (LL.B., Hons) (2008)
- College of Law, Victoria (Graduate Diploma Legal Practice) (2008)
- East China University of Politics and Law (Winter School) (2007)