Michelle is an Associate in our Firm's North America Litigation and Government Enforcement Group and is based in our Los Angeles Office. Michelle is a commercial litigator and has developed a broad practice focusing on all areas of business and commercial litigation.
Michelle is a commercial litigator focusing on class actions and complex business disputes. Her previous experience includes representing clients in commercial matters based on contract claims, unfair competition, false advertising, fraud and related business torts. In particular, Michelle's litigation practice involves representing clients in the consumer protection actions, franchise, and labor and employment spaces in California.
Representative Legal Matters
- Defended a Fortune 5 retailer in a USD 125 million dispute based on contract and fraud-based claims, resulting in a motion to dismiss for forum non-conveniens.
- Defended a global franchisor of convenience stores in multiple actions involving joint employer allegations, successfully obtaining dismissals of actions.
- Defended a national cleaning franchisor in a class action alleging wage and hour violations, unfair competition and false advertising, resulting in favorable settlement for the client.
- Defended a pharmaceutical company in a consumer class action litigation related to a topical pain relief product.
- Defended a multinational footwear and apparel company in breach of contract and copyright infringement action.
- Represented various clients, including an ivy league university and Japanese corporation, in disputes related to breach of software licensing agreements.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Korean American Bar Association, Member
- California~United States (2016)
- University of Southern California (J.D.)
- University of California at San Diego (B.A.)
- Presenter, "Taking a Jury-Focused Deposition," Bridgepoint Continuing Education, 30 March 2021
- Presenter, "Fundamentals of Taking Depositions," Bridgepoint Legal Education, September 2019
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.