Nicole Chu practices in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, direct investment and general and securities consultation. She received her law degree from the National Taiwan University and her Master of Law degree from the Duke University School of Law. She is admitted to practice in Taiwan and is a member of the Taipei Bar Association.
Nicole has developed expertise in M&A, cross-border investment, domestic and foreign offering as well as general consultation on Taiwan corporate, commercial and securities laws and regulations.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented and advised K-Laser Group and Rotam Group for the IPO on the Taiwan Stock Exchange (2009/2010).
- Represented and advised Rinpak Technology Holdings Ltd. for the registry of stocks on the Emerging Stock Market of GreTai (2009).
- Represented and advised Advanced Semi-Conductor Engineering Inc. for the tender offer and TDR delisting by ASE Test Limited (2007/2008).
- Represented and advised a PRC company (invested by Taiwanese companies) in its IPO in Hong Kong Stock Exchange (2007).
- Represented and advised a Taiwan listed company for its Pre-IPO corporate restructuring and Hong Kong listing (2005/2006).
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Represented and advised a Taiwan state-owned bank and a French bank for a joint venture and share acquisition of a securities investment trust company in Taiwan (2008/2009).
- Represented and advised Ta Chong Commercial Bank in a private placement of equity and convertible bonds with Carlyle Group (2007).
- Represented and advised ABN AMRO Bank in a bidding of the general assumption of of Hualien Bank and Taitung Business Bank (2007).
- Represented MediaTek Inc. in a share acquisition of NuCORE Technology Inc. by a cross-border share exchange (2007).
- Represented and advised Advanced Semi-Conductor Engineering Inc. for the proposed management buyout (MBO) with Carlyle Group (2006).
- Taipei~Taiwan (2003)
- Duke University School of Law (LL.M.) (2003)
- National Taiwan University (LL.B.) (1997)