Christina Conlin is a member of Baker McKenzie's International Commercial practice in Chicago, where she focuses her practice on cross-border and domestic supply chain, distribution, licensing and franchising transactions. Prior to joining the Firm, Christina was chief compliance officer for McDonald's Corporation's European operations, providing strategic leadership and guidance on regulatory compliance and corporate governance for 39 markets across Europe, Central Asia and North Africa. She also previously served as general counsel in McDonald's US central division, where she led a legal team that advised the company and senior leadership on franchising, supply chain, real estate and operational matters. Christina also worked for more than a decade as a trial lawyer in private practice, representing franchisors, distributors, real estate developers, manufacturers and others in court and arbitration.
Christina has been named to the 2017 Crain's Chicago Business List of Most Influential Women Lawyers in Chicago and 2018 Crain’s Chicago Business List of Most Notable Women Lawyers in Chicago.
Christina focuses her practice on domestic and international corporate matters, providing counsel to clients as they navigate domestic and cross-border distribution, licensing, and franchising transactions. She has extensive experience with respect to distribution and franchising, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, third party due diligence, risk assessments, training programs, and OFAC-related matters.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- University of Chicago Women’s Board - Member
- Alliance Française de Chicago Women's Board - Member
- French American Chamber of Commerce - Member
- The Executives’ Club of Chicago’s Food & Beverage Forum - Co-chair
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois (1998)
- Illinois~United States (1998)
- Loyola University School of Law (cum laude) (1998)
- University of Wisconsin-Madison (BA International Relations and French) (1994)
- Co-author, “Key Considerations for Growing Your Franchise Abroad,” The ACC Dallas – Fort Worth Chapter Newsletter, Summer 2017
- Speaker, Rethinking the Strategic Supply Chain | Legal Considerations and Guidance for Global Business Teams, Wisconsin Association of Corporate Counsel, 26 August 2020
- Speaker, "Restructuring Food-System Supply Chains in Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic," World Business Council for Sustainable Development, 22 July 2020
- Speaker, "Keys to Building and Managing a Global Supply Chain," Association of Corporate Counsel, Chicago, Illinois, 24 May 2017
- Speaker, "Managing Compliance Risks in a Franchise Environment," Dallas, Texas, 3 May 2017