Ellen Cheong is a member of our Firm's Intellectual Property Practice Group. She advises companies in the healthcare, technology and CG&R sectors regarding inventorship, patent infringement, trade secret and false advertising litigation matters. Using her undergraduate degree in chemical and biomolecular engineering, Ellen spent the first several years of practice advising pharmaceutical companies in Hatch Waxman litigation and patent infringement, and advising tech companies on patent prosecution matters. She is proficient in Cantonese.
Ellen focuses her practice on IP litigation and post-grant proceedings before the USPTO. Her experience includes handling all aspects of litigation case management, including pre-litigation analyses, discovery, and trial preparation. In addition, Ellen advises companies on their IP portfolios, including due diligence and trademark prosecution. Ellen also consults biotech and pharmaceuticals companies on FDA regulatory matters and Hatch Waxman litigation.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York~United States (2018)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan~United States (2017)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit~United States (2017)
- New York~United States (2016)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York~United States (2016)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office~United States (2013)
- Washington University School of Law (JD) (2015)
- Cornell University (BS) (2012)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.