Harrison Chen is an Associate based in the Sydney office of Baker McKenzie. He has experience working in both Australia and China across a range of domestic and cross-border M&A, ECM, Financial Services & Funds and Employment matters.
In 2019, Harrison was awarded a Baker McKenzie International Clerkship and was seconded to the Corporate Markets: M&A Practice Group of the Baker McKenzie FenXun (FTZ) Joint Operation Office in Shanghai.
In 2018, Harrison was named as a Top 100 Future Leader in Australia by the Australian Financial Review and featured on the cover of the AFR Magazine.
Harrison has experience advising strategic investors, private equity sponsors and shareholders with a focus on: complex private and public M&A transactions, buyouts, restructures, joint ventures and shareholder arrangements, and venture capital transactions.
Prior to joining the firm, Harrison worked as an Associate at a top Australian Investment Bank, where he covered leveraged buyouts, asset financing and principal investments.
- AFR Top 100 Future Leader - The Australian Financial Review (2018)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of New South Wales - Member
- Supreme Court of New South Wales (2020)
- High Court of Australia (2020)
- University of New South Wales (Bachelor of Laws) (2018)
- University of New South Wales (Bachelor of Commerce (Business Strategy & Economic Management) with Distinction) (2018)
- National Taiwan University (Law Summer School) (2018)
- Harvard University (Business Summer School) (2016)
Author, "Singapore's Ethnic Integration Policy: The Key to a Racially Harmonious Society?", UNSWLJ Student Series No 19-02, March 2019