Raja Chatterjee is an associate in the North America International Commercial Practice Group and resides in the Firm's Dallas Office. He graduated summa cum laude from the Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law and is a member of the National Honors Society, the Order of the Coif.
Before joining the Firm, Raja worked as a corporate associate in the Dallas office of an Am Law 100 firm.
Prior to that, Raja worked in the medical device industry where his responsibilities mainly include design and manufacture of implantable cardiac and orthopedic devices.
Representative Legal Matters
Assisted several leading casual dining and quick service restaurants in their international franchise, joint venture and other international matters on a global level.
Assisted global sports entertainment centers, as well as multiple major restaurant brands in complying with local franchise disclosure laws internationally.
Counseled several clients on entity formation and related corporate governance matters.*
Counseled clients on disclosure filings to the SEC including 8-Ks, 10-Ks, 10-Qs and proxy statements.*
Advised several public and private companies with various financing matters, including mezzanine loan facilities, DIP credit facilities, syndicated loan agreements and Rule 144A/Reg. S bond offerings.*
Represented several public and private companies in merger and acquisition transactions including asset and stock purchase transactions.*
* The following matters were completed prior to joining Baker McKenzie.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dallas Bar Association - Member
- South Asian Bar Association - Member
- Texas~United States (2018)
- SMU Dedman School of Law (J.D., Summa Cum Laude, Order of the Coif Summa Cum Laude, Order of the Coif)
- Stanford University (M.S. Mechanical Eng.)
- National Institute of Technology (B.Tech Mechanical Engineering)
- Author, "The Patent On-Sale Bar Post-Helsinn and its Effect on the Pharmaceutical Industry," 18 Chi. -Kent J. Intell. Prop. 207, 2019