Jeanie Chang is a registered foreign lawyer in Baker McKenzie's Sydney office. Prior to joining the Firm, Jeanie was a lawyer in the corporate team at the Australian Securities and Investments Commission handling public mergers and acquisitions and capital raisings involving ASX-listed companies.
Jeanie has extensive experience in public mergers and acquisitions and equity capital markets, including advising on public takeovers and schemes of arrangement, assisting clients to effect capital management strategies, and acting for issuers and underwriters in initial public offerings and secondary raisings. Jeanie also advises listed companies on Corporations Act, ASX Listing Rules, and corporate governance-related matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising on public company takeovers and schemes of arrangement for clients in various industries including FinTech, IT and mining.
- Advising on equity capital markets transactions including IPOs, ASX listings and secondary raisings.
- Providing corporate governance advice to public companies, including most recently to Emeco Holdings Limited, on a recapitalization proposal involving a creditor’s scheme of arrangement and associated shareholder approvals.
- New South Wales~Australia (2012)
- University of Sydney (LLB Hon) (2011)
- University of Sydney (BCom) (2011)
- Hong Kong
Baker & McKenzie, an Australian Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.